How to Save Company Money
In order to maximize profits and retain great employees, businesses should always be looking for ways to save money. Quality standing desks can do just that.
Adjustable height standing desks have been shown to increase productivity by allowing workers to adjust their workstation so they can maintain maximum comfort at all times. When workers are able to comfortably remain in a flow state for longer periods, they get more accomplished in the same amount of time.
For any business, increasing productivity has the potential to increase profitability as well. Ergonomic, height adjustable desks can be a simple, relatively low-cost investment for to the productivity returns they yield.
Encourage a Healthy Work Environment
When companies invest in employee wellness perks, it is often with an eye towards improving workers’ happiness and overall engagement. One of the most tangible wellness benefits requested by workers is an adjustable height standing desk. Employees look at ergonomic furniture as a perk of employment, which helps retain the best talent, and saves money to recruit and train new employees.
In the long run, improving employee health and wellbeing with a standing desk program has benefits far beyond the individual worker’s health. Healthier workers take fewer sick days for back pain and discomfort, reducing overall absenteeism and improving the company’s bottom line.
Offer Variation in the Office
With a height adjustable standing desk, workers can choose whether to do tasks while sitting or standing, depending on their comfort at that point in time. When employees are offered different ways to do their work, they remain more engaged and awake, saving companies money in the long run.
Benefits of Standing Desks: Improving Employee Health and Well-Being
Improving the work environment for employees serves the company as a whole, because healthier, happier employees = fewer sick days.
Chronic health issues like diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease affect the majority of workers, contributing to workplace absenteeism. Back, neck, and shoulder pain, along with headaches, are leading causes of absences from work and workers compensation claims. Standing desks can help with all of these problems.
Standing helps regulate blood sugar and cholesterol levels that contribute to heart disease. A wellness initiative that includes standing desks also encourages employees to be more physically active, which in turn can reduce health care costs for employers.
Health Benefits of Standing Desks
Standing desks offer a number of health benefits, and can positively impact users in a number of ways:
Adjustable Height Standing Desks
The Standing Desk offers both pneumatic and electric desks, each coming in a range of sizes and colors.
Pneumatic Standing Desks
The Standing Desk offers several pneumatic standing desks:
- The Klöud: The Klöud is the largest, most heavy-duty option in pneumatic standing desks. The base is available in three colors. There are two surface sizes (60” and 48” width) available in four different colors. Holds up to 150 lbs, weight adjustable.
- The Ändern Pneumatic: The Ändern has the same choices for color customization as the Klöud – three color options for the base, and four color options for the surface. The Ändern is a slightly smaller desk (48” and 40” width surfaces available), which is ideal for laptops or smaller monitors.
- The Lüften: The Lüften also has three base colors and four surface colors. At 60” width, the surface size is good for larger monitors.
- The Möbel Desk: The smallest of the desks, the Möbel holds up to 35 lbs. Ideal for smaller spaces, the 17-lb Möbel is simple to move from place to place, and easily converts from a side table to a laptop desk.
Electric Standing Desks
The Standing Desk offers electric standing desks:
- The Oben: The Oben is the largest, most heavy-duty option in electric standing desks. The base is available in three colors options. There are two surface sizes (60” and 48” width) available in four different colors. With two sturdy steel legs, this model holds up to 250 lbs.
- The Ändern Electric: The Ändern Electric has the same choices for color customization as the Oben – three color options for the base, and four color options for the surface. The Ändern is a slightly smaller desk (48” and 40” width surfaces available), which is ideal for laptops or smaller monitors. Although its single steel column frame gives a visually light appeal, this sturdy desk holds up to 150 lbs.
Find the Best Standing Desks
When thinking of how to save money in your business, always go for the easy wins. The best standing desks improve employee health and wellbeing while saving money at the same time. Contact The Standing Desk to learn how easy it can be to start your own standing desk program.